All boys and girls ages 5 to 14 are invited to take part in the Knights of Columbus “Keep Christ in Christmas” poster contest. By engaging the talents of our young people, we hope they will come to a deeper understanding of the true meaning of Christmas and that their artwork will bring others to remember Christ in Christmas.
St. Simon the Apostle Knights of Columbus Council #15437 is hosting it’s second annual Trivia Knight on Saturday, February 6th from 7-10 p.m! The event will be held at St. Simon the Apostle Catholic Church’s Feltman Hall and cafeteria.
Tickets Online or at the Door: $10/per person
* Credit card payments require an additional fee.
Keep Christ in Christmas Poster Contest
The Knights of Columbus is sponsoring a poster contest for all children between the ages of 5 through 14. The theme of the poster will be “Keep Christ in Christmas”, that is, to remind everyone that Jesus is the reason for the Season. Prizes will be awarded for winning posters. Entries due December 1, 2015.
Council level winners will advance through district and regional and state competitions to the international level. The winning entries will serve as the basis for a series of international “Keep Christ in Christmas with creative credit going to the artists.
· Poster must reflect the theme of Keep Christ in Christmas
· Each poster should be the original work (including concept, layout, slogan and any visual images)
· Poster must be 11×17 inches in size. If pastels, chalk or charcoal are used the poster must be laminated or covered with clear plastic.
· Each poster must be submitted with the Knights of Columbus “Keep Christ in Christmas” Poster contest entry form. Entry forms will also be available at the parish/school offices. Make sure your council number is included (St. Simon # 15437). Read More
The St Simon K of C Council held the annual Soccer Challenge on September 13, 2015. The following are a list of individual winners at the council-level:
9 y.o. Boys- Brook Winters
10 y.o. Girls- Taylor Johnson
11 y.o. Boys Moises Jaramillo
These individuals went on to compete in Regional competition on October 25. Moises Jaramillo won regional completion and advanced to the state competition on the same day.
The St. Simon K of C would like to congratulate Moises, who also took home the state championship in a tight competition. The St. Simon K of C, would like to thank all participants and congratulate their outstanding achievements. We look forward to seeing all of the participants back again next year.