The Knights of Columbus is sponsoring a poster contest for all children between the ages of 5 through 14. The theme of the poster will be “Keep Christ in Christmas”, that is, to remind everyone that Jesus is the reason for the Season. Prizes will be awarded for winning posters. Entries due Dec 8, 2014.
Council level winners will advance through district and regional and state competitions to the international level. The winning entries will serve as the basis for a series of international “Keep Christ in Christmas with creative credit going to the artists.
- Poster must reflect the theme of Keep Christ in Christmas
- Each poster should be the original work (including concept, layout, slogan and any visual images)
- Poster must be 11×17 inches in size. If pastels, chalk or charcoal are used the poster must be laminated or covered with clear plastic.
- Each poster must be submitted with the Knights of Columbus “Keep Christ in Christmas” Poster contest entry form. Entry forms will also be available at the parish/school offices. Make sure your council number is included
(St. Simon # 15437)
- The name and age of the entrant should be printed on the reverse side of the poster in case the poster and entry form get seperated.
- All entries become property of the Knights of Columbus Supreme Council. Posters will not be returned.
- Submit all entries to the Parish office or your faith formation teacher by December 8, 2014.
- Judging will use the following criteria
- Slogan 30 points: How clearly is the them presented
- Visuals 30 points: How clearly do the visuals convey the message
- Overall Impact 40 points. How effective is the poster at capturing attention and causing reflection on the topic at hand.
- For additional details or questions, please contact John Breitsch or David Basile